Dead Lines webzine reprints ‘The Strangled Garden’

dead lines

My story ‘The Strangled Garden‘ has been reprinted in the first issue of ‘Dead Lines’, a FREE webzine edited by Drew LeClercq, available by clicking here. It features fiction by TM Wright, Monica O’Rourke, David T Wilbanks, Lisa Morton, Harry Shannon and others, as well as my story. There is also an interview with TM Wright.

It’s worth a read just for the interview, not to mention the stories.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Dead Lines webzine reprints ‘The Strangled Garden’

1. matthewfryer says:

Well done fella.
    That story deserves to be read by more people, and it’s on a very solid TOC too.

2. Steve Bacon says:

Thanks for the support, Matt.

3. Ross Warren says:

Great to see this reaching a wider audience.

4. Steve Bacon says:

Thanks, Ross. Glad you liked it.

5. P W says:

Hi,

I have just finished reading ‘Cone Zero’ and ‘The Strangled Garden’ and having really enjoyed them both I felt compelled to come on here and write down my thoughts.

Both stories have an excellent descriptive narrative that puts you right there, keeping you fascinated for the next sentence, then paragraph and page.
    Any author that can possess that power over the reader is an accomplishment that demonstrates just how good the story and writer must be.

The choice of language, words and structure in both stories is superb and is comparative with that of a seasoned pro.

The obvious astuteness shown in both stories I have read is demonstrated by Steve’s choice not to over describe everything to you the reader and giving you the chance to make your own mind up about aspects of the story and the history or future of certain characters. This is something I really like in a writer and believe this shows a mirroed respect of the reader who is allowed to pass their own judgement rather than the author dictating what I should feel or think.

I have really enjoyed both stories. I’m now looking forward to reading more of the same and experiencing the numerous twists and turns that the stories will undoubtedly throw up.

Keep up the good work !

PW

6. Steve Bacon says:

Wow! Thanks for your kind words, PW. I really cherish your comments, and I’m glad you enjoyed the stories. Your support is immensely appreciated.